Sunday, 20 November 2011

INTERVIEW FOR BIRMINGHAM GEC MEDICINE (4 YEAR)..

I have news!! So a letter came through the post on Friday morning (18th) and I have been invited to attend an interview to study medicine at Birmingham University on the 13th January 2012 (Friday the 13th..Oh how ironic hah!)
So so so happy as its my first choice! But also not feeling very confident....
Would really appreciate any advice that anyone would like to offer me :-)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks very much! No I somehow got a 1st..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Congrats!! I got into the 5 year course at Birmingham last year and the uni is awesome! :D My interview was very nice and I actually enjoyed it!

    Best of luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! So the interview is not too daunting? Did you apply to birmingham this year? Good luck with your application! Heres to us gappers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Congrats on the interview :) Best of luck! This book was my bible for interviews http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-School-Interviews-Practical-Questions/dp/1905812043/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322089735&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    It has questions and model answers and frameworks for answers that will help with any interview style. Thanks for your post on my blog. AMK is applied medical knowledge and it's the exam we sit 4 times a year. Multiple choice, set at Dr level (a GP should be getting 60-70%). It's scenarios like patient presents with these symptoms and then you have to say what the best management is, or what do they have or answer a sciency question on it. All 5 years sit the same one at the same time, you can't revise much for it and it gives you a pretty graph of how your knowledge is growing throughout the course.

    ReplyDelete